Job Description – Supervisor Credit Control
Regenesys seeks to employ a s looking for a Supervisor: Credit Control, to contribute to effective/positive cash-flow
through management of debt collection in line with company credit policies and procedures and best practices. The
successful incumbent will also be responsible for negotiating extensions with clients or write-off debt to minimize the
company’s potential loss of income.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Prepare and review collection targets with team.
• Ensure that all credit control and collections procedures are understood, applied and consistently
• Proactively monitor teamwork load and assist/relieve other credit controllers where necessary.
• Conduct meetings with relevant stakeholders for updates, progress tracking and addressing of issues and
• Provide input into operational policy and procedural compilation and review for approval by Head of
• Recruit and select employees with relevant knowledge and skill sets.
• Train Team members, and manage their performance and discipline in a way that ensures productivity.
• Support operational risk and audit processes.
• Monitor and manage credit limits as per policy.
• Ensure that credit limits are reviewed and adjusted regularly.
• Report on billing and make appropriate recommendations on actions to be taken to ensure proper
customer service is maintained.
• Ensure that reconciliations on customer accounts are managed within the targeted debtor’s days.
• Perform reconciliations on customer accounts accurately and timeously in order to avoid non-payments
• Address identified and/or escalated customer’s queries/disputes on accounts, and ensure resolution in a
professional, efficient and effective manner in order to avoid non-payment.
• Identify potential bad debts timeously and take relevant corrective action.
• Perform month-end spend procured (including but not limited to ensuring that all monies received from
the customers have been allocated and applied to ensure all the adjustments and credit are passed on
Database Maintenance, Data analysis, Reporting & Record-keeping
• Keep record of accurate and clear documentation of all credit control activities and operational
• Ensure that proper and acceptable notes are captured against accounts wherever necessary through
recording all interactions with customers.
• Consolidate and maintain a database of all debtors’ information and payment details.
• Maintain a dashboard that enables pro-active tracking and monitoring of debtors’ days.
• Analyse credit data, identify trends and report on findings to various stakeholders, to prompt relevant
action or decision making.
• Compile ad-hoc reports as requested.
• Maintain an efficient and updated filing system to ensure that current historic supportive documents are
Customer Liaison and Retention
• Conduct customer visits periodically and acquire an understanding of customer financial contexts and
circumstances (know the customer).
• Build strong relationships by addressing customer/sales issues and complaints in a timely manner.
• Proactively monitor task execution and identify opportunities to improve effectiveness and efficiency.
• Resolve bottlenecks, within levels of discretion.
• Implement initiatives/projects to improve effectiveness and efficiency as approved by management
Requirements and Qualifications:
• Degree / Diploma in Credit Management or Finance related field
• 5 – 10 years’ experience in a similar role
• Must have worked with Indivisual / Retail accounts
• 5 Years experience in a supervisory role
• Good understanding of the National Credit Act
• Strong Sage Evolution experience, QuickBooks, General Ledger
• Advanced knowledge of MS Excel
• The ability to work accurately and independently
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent analytical skills and an eye for detail
• Ability to work to strict deadlines