Regenesys Business School is looking for a Travel Agent, who is passionate about traveling. You will manage travel requirements made for business or holiday and you will provide tourism related services and package tours. The goal is to keep our clients satisfied and loyal for future services.
The successful incumbent would be tasked with
- Planning and selling transportations, accommodations, insurance and other travel services.
- Cooperating with clients to determine their needs and advising them appropriate destination, modes of transportations, travel dates, costs and accommodations.
- Providing relevant information, brochures, and publications (guides, local customs, maps, regulations, events etc) to travelers.
A Travel Agent is responsible for helping individuals and businesses plan work and personal travel. Their duties include advising clients on travel destinations, creating itineraries and booking plane travel and hotel accommodations
Duties and responsibilities
- Meets with clients to determine travel needs, budgets and preferences.
- Sells and coordinates transportation, accommodations, insurance, tours and activities.
- Advises clients regarding destinations, cultures, customs, weather and activities.
- Collects payments, books travel arrangements and pays applicable fees.
- Handles travel issues, conflicts, complaints, cancelations and refunds.
- Builds and maintains relationships with travel and tour vendors.
- Attends travel seminars and conferences.
- Conducts research on destinations and industry trends.
- Maintains accurate records of bookings, payments, transactions, phone calls and meetings.
- Contributes to agency efforts by accomplishing related tasks as needed
Qualifications and experience
- Strong sales and interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to negotiate effectively
- Excellent knowledge of computer reservation computer programs
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Detail oriented and highly organized
- Strong ability to manage time and prioritize tasks
- Working knowledge of domestic and international travel trends
- Ability to speak languages in addition to English preferred
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in tourism, travel, hospitality, business or related field
- Up to date on applicable state licensing or registration requirements
- Experience working as a travel agent
- Other characteristics such as personal characteristics
- Professional Certification
Must live up to the Regenesys magic. Must adhere to Regenesys policies and procedures.
Salary: Market-related and commensurate with experience