Regenesys is looking to appoint a dynamic, experienced, suitably qualified and self-motivated Learning and Development Practitioner to drive and assist the Academic Training Department at Regenesys Business School with training academic facilitators to become transformative facilitators.
Learning And Development Practitioner
Regenesys is looking to appoint a dynamic, experienced, suitably qualified and self-motivated Learning and Development Practitioner to drive and assist the Academic Training Department at Regenesys Business School with training academic facilitators to become transformative facilitators. The successful incumbent will be responsible for transforming the quality of facilitation and will ensure that excellent delivery to students is implemented. Academic excellence will be at the forefront of the successful incumbent’s role. The ideal candidate needs to be a well-rounded individual with a range of foundational, practical and reflexive competencies related not only to their area of expertise but also to the art of pedagogy itself.
- Monitoring academic facilitator’s performance, observing classes, making assessments, and scheduling workshops as well as one-on-one training.
- The successful incumbent will to engage with facilitators from a range of different backgrounds and on various subjects and provide constructive, transformative, and critical feedback.
- Observing lessons and identifying facilitators’ strengths and weaknesses.
- Providing useful feedback, advice, and individual training sessions for facilitators.
- Organising workshops, training sessions, and events to inspire and improve facilitators.
- Collaborating with facilitators and other related staff to develop improved curricula, lesson plans, assessments, and classroom management and engagement techniques.
- Setting weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly goals for facilitators and their students, and providing advice and guidance to ensure these goals are met.
- Liaising with students to reassess progress once facilitators have completed their training.
- Supervising classroom activities, taking notes, and writing up reports to share with the Academic Dean, academic managers, administrators and relevant stakeholders.
- Developing new strategies and plans for an improved transformative learning experience.
- Keeping abreast of the latest developments in teaching techniques and methods, as well as the latest developments in the incumbent’s relevant subject area or area of expertise.
- Building facilitator networks and encouraging facilitators to share their resources and knowledge and constructively transform and improve their own performance as well as the performance of their colleagues
- The successful incumbent will be required to coach academics to hone their facilitation skills and develop capabilities in academics to maintain a high standard of quality when setting, marking and moderating assessments.
- The successful incumbent will undertake planning, designing and development of learning solutions, facilitation, assessment, moderation, coaching, evaluation, quality management and reporting. Through these activities the incumbent aims to ensure that learning needs have been metand that the learning has had the intended impact on the organisation and its stakeholders.
- Equip academics to acquire innovative teaching and learning techniques and approaches so that they can create a unique “Regenesys Magic” in their online and
face-to-face classes that gives Regenesys a substantial competitive advantage. This can also include a knowledge of “ice breakers” and the use of positivity and humour to improve the learning experience of students.
Credentials, Experience & Skills
- Doctoral or Master’s degree in a relevant field (adult/tertiary education and learning)
- Possesses extensive experience as a facilitator at the tertiary level
- Proven track record in a similar role – at least 3 years’ experience
- A valid driver’s license or own reliable transport
- Advanced writing and editing skills
- Advanced skills in MS Word, Outlook, and Excel (must be computer proficient)
- Experienced in managing teams
- Ability to make effective decisions under pressure
- Passionate about learning
- Possesses a growth mindset and is prepared to go the extra mile
- Available to observe academics and tutors facilitate in the evenings and Saturdays
- Innovative approaches can be done in a developmental manner
- Works well in a team
- Proven capability to assist facilitators with fostering deep learning in participants/students.
Additional Personal Attributes
- Professional comportment
- Reliable, trustworthy and empathetic
- Pays attention to detail
- Willing to work overtime when required
- High energy and enthusiasm for challenging projects
- Inspiring leadership style
- Timeline disciplined
- Embraces diversity
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Patience and resilience
- A high degree of diplomacy
- Subject matter experts
- Life-long learners
- Critical thinkers
- Problem solvers
- Able to execute interpersonal communication
Market-related and commensurate with qualifications and experience.