POSTGRADUATE DIPLOMA IN PUBLIC MANAGEMENT (PDPM)
Postgraduate Diploma in Public Management
Claim your rightful place in the public space
For the graduate or professional public servant who seeks to empower themselves with the qualification to anticipate, identify, recognise and meet public needs in the modern world, registration for the Postgraduate Diploma in Public Management (PDPM) is the starting point to unlocking career excellence. Our accredited PDPM specifically develops essential strategic management skills required to govern a public service or non-profit organisations. Acquiring this qualification uniquely positions the holder to align and promote their values, visions, and mission towards the greater good, while at the same time affording themselves the opportunity to carve out a niche career path.
This programme is aimed at equipping graduates and public servants with key management and leadership skills to effectively manage policies, programmes, projects, people, performance, quality, and finances to improve service delivery.
The purpose of the Postgraduate Diploma in Public Management is to:
- Equip students with management competencies to improve service delivery in the public and development sectors
- Enable students to apply management principles, appropriate models, and processes in public and development sector organisations
- Provide students with the opportunity to reflect on their skills and learn about new areas of public and development
- Equip students with fundamental research principles, methodologies, and techniques
- NQF level 7 degree or diploma
- Relevant work experience
As a registered student in the Business School, you will gain access to our interactive online portal where you will learn, or enhance, new digital skills required to stay relevant in today’s tech-driven world.
This programme is offered over 12 months.
ID: 24353 – POSTGRADUATE DIPLOMA IN PUBLIC MANAGEMENT (PDPM)
CREDIT: The Postgraduate Diploma in Public Management is an NQF level 8 qualification, with 120 credits.
This programme develops strategic management skills required to manage a public service or non-profit organisations.
- Strategic Management in the Public Sector
- Advanced Public Human Resource Management
- Advanced Public Project Management
- Fundamentals of Research
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Public Finance
Electives: Choice of two*
- Negotiation and Conflict Management
- Labour Relations
- Quality and Customer Service Management
- Change Management
- Education Curriculum Management
- Mentoring and Coaching
- *Based on student numbers
- A 3-year degree (NQF Level 7) and relevant work experience.
The Postgraduate Diploma in Public Management is an NQF Level 8
qualification, with 120 credits, offered over a period of 12 months.
Marketer and Marketing Manager