Master of public management
Master of Public Management
Gear up and become a ground-breaker!
The Master of Public Management is specifically designed for the individual who is looking to upgrade their leadership and management skills, and in turn, go on to change the world! A graduate of this programme is equipped to pursue a career as an expert in their field. Whether you’re looking to make a purposeful transformation to the public sector or a meaningful contribution to a non-profit organisation, the Regenesys MPM programme offers internationally accredited next-level insights into the dynamics of operating within the public sphere.
The Master of Public Management is for those wanting to progress to senior management and leadership positions in the public sector.
This qualification aims to enhance the strategic knowledge required to improve service delivery.
The purpose of the Master of Public Management is to:
- Reflect critically and apply public and development management theory to improve service delivery in the public and development sectors
- Deal creatively and systematically with complex issues affecting the public and development sectors
- Design and critically appraise research in an attempt to apply data and information to make sound judgments on challenges which face the public and development sectors.
- Be able to communicate clearly at a strategic level to various audiences concerned with public and development sector issues
- Honours degree or postgraduate diploma
- Three years of relevant work experience
As a registered student in the Business School, you will gain access to our interactive online portal where you will learn, or enhance, new digital skills required to stay relevant in today’s tech-driven world.
This qualification is offered over a minimum period of 2 years and a maximum of 5 years.
ID: 24355 – MASTER OF PUBLIC MANAGEMENT (MPM)
CREDIT: The Master of Public Management is an NQF Level 9 qualification, with 180 credits.
The Master of Public Management is specifically designed for the individual who is looking to upgrade their leadership and management skills, and in turn, go on to change the world! A graduate of this programme is equipped to pursue a career as an expert in their field. Whether you’re looking to make a purposeful transformation to the public sector or a meaningfulcontribution to a non-profit organisation, the Regenesys MPM programme offers internationally recognised next-level insights into the dynamics of operating within the public sphere.
This programme develops leadership and management skills required to
manage a business, government, and non-profit organisations, or to start
your own business.
- Honours degree at NQF level 8
- Postgraduate diploma at NQF level 8 or
- Professional bachelor’s degree at NQF level 8.
- Strategic Human Resource Management
- Organisational Development
- Public Policy Development and Implementation
- Research Methodology
- Strategic Public Project Management
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Public Finance
- Sustainable Development
- Governance and Intergovernmental Relations
- Public Ethics and Corporate Governance
- Economics Strategic Management in the Public Sector
ELECTIVES: CHOICE OF TWO*
- Comparative Management Trends
- Labour Relations
- Mentoring and Coaching
- Quality and Customer Service Management
- Negotiation and Conflict Management
- Information and Communication Technology
- Based on Student Numbers
- NQF level 9 qualification, with 200 credits.
- This 2-year qualification consists of 12 compulsory modules, 2 electives and a research dissertation.
for referring students to
Regenesys Business School!