|Department||Instructional Technology and Design||Salary||Market-related and commensurate with experience|
|Reports to (manager)||Head: Instructional Technology and Design||Date||October 2022|
|Manager once removed||CAO||Expected date of hire||Urgent|
|What is the reason for the role?
The primary emphasis of the function is to work with business stakeholders to assess and quality guarantee electronic learning material and learning documents.
|What are the outputs required in the role?
· Work with a variety of stakeholders to ensure that the quality of electronic learning content is matched with the learning outcomes and evaluation criteria of a specific module or short course.
· Review and approve SCORM content (Articulate Rise and Storyline).
· Assess quizzes, assessments, and learning activities on the Institutional Learning Management System.
· Evaluate the quality of video content to improve learning materials.
· Work with ITD and other stakeholders to test courses on UAT before the final release on the Institutional LMS.
· Use time management skills to evaluate, assess, and improve electronic learning content per ITD strategic aims.
· Maintain personal knowledge of eLearning, training, technological applications, and best practices, with a focus on digital delivery.
Please list at least 5 duties that this person will be responsible for?
· Examine technical compatibility and functioning across various systems and browsers.
· Complete all quality assurance and testing procedures for e-learning courses as part of the project’s learning development life cycle.
· Quality Assurance for usability and user experience.
· Conduct regular reviews of the product portfolio based on development, analysis, the availability of resources, value addition, and environmental changes.
· Recognise and report the underlying causes of problems with the delivery and utilization of eLearning materials.
· Consistent monitoring, documentation, reviewing, and interpretation of material to guarantee quality and accuracy and to identify areas for improvement.
· Help to achieve an effective QMS in deliverables.
· Regularly communicate needs for training and development as well as the management of deliverables to the Head of Instructional Technology and Design.
|Managerially Accountable to: Head of Instructional Technology and Design
Direct Reports (if applicable): n/a
|EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS|
Diploma/Degree or equivalent (Language or education qualification)
• Prior experience in web-based training quality control
• Expertise in grammar and language editing
• Familiarity with Moodle or similar learning management systems
• Working knowledge of Articulate 360 and H5P
• Microsoft 360 (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook)
Experience with Moodle, Articulate 360 and H5P
|Technical Skills and Requirements||Required:
· Capability of adapting to a dynamic environment
· Expertise in technology and technical solutions in the context of learning and higher education
· The capacity to operate in a multidisciplinary setting
· A critical mindset, strong analytical abilities, and the capacity to synthesize data from multiple sources
· Versatile and creative problem-solver, able to overcome any difficulty
· Excellent planning, organising, and time management abilities
· A person with an eye for detail and the capacity for perspective
· Outstanding proficiency in the English language
· Expert writing and vocal communication abilities
· Affinity for working with educational material
· A creative and original thinker
|Experience Required||Number of years: Three to five
Industry-specific: Online/Higher Education