Regenesys Business School is looking for a IT Support Engineer to play a vital role within the IT Department. We are seeking a dedicated IT Support Engineer to work as part of a team that provides support to the school and its students.
Basic support engineers required to support the Regenesys Business Schools’ students as the number of contact classes increase. The successful candidate is required to be on site in Sandton office over weekends on rotational basis to ensure contact classes are running smoothly.
Duties and responsibilities
- Provide L1 support to users in Campus (Staff and Students).
- Handling IT – diagnose software, networking, or hardware issues.
- Manage all IT requests which are logged in IT Ticketing tool.
- Monitor and maintain computer systems and networks.
- Talk to staff or clients through a series of actions, either face-to-face or over the phone, to help set up systems or resolve issues.
- Troubleshoot system and network problems, diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults. replace parts as required.
- Record customer change requests and technical requirements.
- Adopt IT processes and policies during day-to-day support.
- Identify and communicate the problem areas based on the incoming incidents.
- This includes classification, taking approvals, assigning to L2/L3 support, follow up with them until closure.
- Responsible for analyzing, troubleshooting, and evaluating technology issues.
Qualifications and experience
- Needs to have qualification in IT or related field.
- Understanding on Networks and Computers
- 2 years’ experience in a similar role
- Good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices and other tech products
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot basic technical issues
- Familiarity with remote desktop applications and help desk software.
- Ability to provide step-by-step technical help, both written and verbal.
- Diploma or Graduation in Information Technology, Computer Science or relevant field.
- Additional certification in Microsoft, Linux, Cisco or similar technologies is a plus
- Other characteristics such as personal characteristics
- Professional Certification
Must live up to the Regenesys magic. Must adhere to Regenesys policies and procedures.
Salary: Market-related and commensurate with experience