At Urban Wellbeing, we specialise in the field of Sports Science services of all kinds, further entrenching the concept of total wellness, which is the foundation of our brand.
Through our many varied services, we take the definition of ‘personal trainer’ to the next, more intense, and more detailed, level. Our Sports Science professionals have over a decade of international experience, bringing not only a bespoke service, but a holistic experience, to our clients.
From effective training techniques and nutritional expertise, to injury rehabilitation and corporate fitness education, our experts are able to provide an all-round health and wellness service to our clients on an individual or small group basis
Regenesys Business School is seeking a dedicated Assistant Gym Manager to play a vital role within Urban Wellbeing.
An Assistant Gym Manager has the responsibility for effectively assisting in managing all facets of a particular gym location, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, and developing of all team members, as well as the overall execution of operations & personal training. Responsible for delivering excellent customer service to our members while role modeling the organization’s values and culture.
Duties and responsibilities
- Assist superiors in tasks as directed.
- Open fitness facility 10 minutes before every shift.
- Perform closing procedures at the end of shift.
- Always maintain an approachable and friendly demeanour.
- Perform fitness assessments and other health related services e.g. blood pressure testing, postural analysis etc.
- Being able to assist in instructing group exercise classes would be an added advantage.
- Assist management in marketing activities and presentations related to the gym & wellness program activities.
Qualifications and experience
- Strong customer service skills with proven results
- Excellent communication skills
- Two years of related management experience &/or bachelor’s degree in business or related field preferred
- Prior experience in Personal Training or Managing Personal Training preferred
- Required to work some occasional late shifts and weekends to meet the needs of the business.
- Other characteristics such as personal characteristics
- Professional Certification
Must live up to the Regenesys magic. Must adhere to Regenesys policies and procedures.
Salary: Market-related and commensurate with experience