Regenesys South Africa is looking for a CISCO WAN, LAN Support Engineer to design, implement, maintain, and support our growing network infrastructure.
- Responsible to work with all technology team member to insure proper maintenance of the LAN, Wireless, MAN and WAN voice and data networks.
- Provide Level-1/2 support and troubleshooting to resolve issues.
- Responsible for insuring the day-to-day operation, reliability, and integrity of the enterprise voice communications network. This includes the installation, maintenance, and management of all data network equipment such as router, LAN switch, firewall, wireless, servers, backup systems, network management and diagnostic tools, etc.
- The Engineer is responsible to assist in the development of company policies and procedures to support operations, security, and integrity. Select and implement security tools, policies, and procedures conjunction with the company’s security team.
- Perform network maintenance and system upgrades including service packs, patches, hot fixes, and security configurations.
- To understand the Customer’s organizational structure and become familiar with the Customer’s network implementation and support processes and procedures to help in designing a network that is available and sustainable.
- To troubleshoot equipment and network problems, participate in critical maintenance windows, and to open and track TAC cases through to problem resolution on pre- and post-production issues.
- To raise equipment, Return Material Authorizations (RMA’s) and to track these through to problem resolution.
- 1~2 year’s implementation experience in Data Networking & Network Security and deployment.
- Understanding of networking protocols.
- Technical or College Degree in Information Technology, Management, or related field, and/or advanced networking certifications.
- Hands-on experience with monitoring, network diagnostic and network analytics tools.
- Solid understanding of network & security technologies.
- Hands-on network configuration experience with Cisco etc.
- Ability to quickly learn new or unfamiliar technology and products using documentation and internet resources.
- Basic level understanding of Cisco Routing and Switch/Data networking skill, including DHCP, QoS, IP routing protocols.
Since 1998 Regenesys has been transforming lives by awakening the potential of students across Africa and India. What sets us apart is our holistic approach to education: developing our students intellectually, emotionally and spiritually – delivering learning programmes that inspire and transform not only the minds but the hearts and souls of our students. In this way we maximise the impact of the individual, the organisation and society.
To work at Regenesys is to work among 300 purpose-driven and exceptionally talented engineers, faculty, growth and sales, finance and operations teams in an energetic, cross functional, entrepreneurial and innovative environment.
Our growth to date has been phenomenal: we have over 200,000 alumni and our enrolments are growing exponentially: we expect to double our intake next year and quadruple in 2023. We are growing on all fronts, expanding our education programmes, our global presence and making a Regenesys qualification accessible to all via our #EdForAll campaign. In order to support our growth, we are investing in our technology and education platforms to provide the most immersive and scalable edtech solution in the world.
Kindly send cv to firstname.lastname@example.org