Regenesys South Africa is looking to hire an experienced Cisco network engineer to implement and maintain Cisco networks. As a Cisco network engineer, you will be responsible for installing Cisco networks, troubleshooting issues, maintaining security, and training end-users on Cisco networking products. Also, CNE creates and configure networks, and provide technical support.
To ensure success, you should have extensive experience with network installations, good communication skills, and experience with end-user training. Ultimately, a top-rate Cisco network engineer should be able to and deploy and maintain scalable and secure networks that perfectly meet the needs of the client.
Cisco Network Engineer Duties and Responsibilities
these are several core tasks common to all Cisco network engineers, such as:
Create and Configure Networks
With experience and knowledge of Cisco routing and switching, Cisco network engineers install, maintain, and configure Cisco networks.
Resolve Technical Issues
Cisco network engineers troubleshoot and test Cisco networks. Technical issues include network-related problems, system failures, and routing changes and updates.
Apply Security Updates
Applying security techniques, Cisco network engineers ensure proper controls in access, logging, and auditing. They also develop network security guidelines.
Test and Evaluate Software
Testing and evaluating software and hardware, Cisco network engineers ensure reliability. To maintain systems, they develop processes to improve network functionality.
Assess Network Performance
Cisco network engineers assess network performance to ensure that the needs of the business are met. They also make recommendations for network planning and upgrades on systems.
- Resolving technical issues with networks, hardware, and software.
- Performing speed and security tests on installed networks.
- Upgrading/replacing hardware and software systems when required.
- Creating and presenting networking reports.
- Training end-users on installed Cisco networking products.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, networking administration, information technology, or a similar field.
- At least 2-5 years’ experience as a network engineer.
- Detailed knowledge of Cisco networking systems.
- Experience with storage engineering, wide-area networking, and network virtualization.
- Advanced troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to identify, deploy, and manage complex networking systems.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with end-user training.
- CCIE or CCE certification With a Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) certification.
Since 1998 Regenesys has been transforming lives by awakening the potential of students across Africa and India. What sets us apart is our holistic approach to education: developing our students intellectually, emotionally and spiritually – delivering learning programmes that inspire and transform not only the minds but the hearts and souls of our students. In this way we maximise the impact of the individual, the organisation and society.
To work at Regenesys is to work among 300 purpose-driven and exceptionally talented engineers, faculty, growth and sales, finance and operations teams in an energetic, cross functional, entrepreneurial and innovative environment.
Our growth to date has been phenomenal: we have over 200,000 alumni and our enrolments are growing exponentially: we expect to double our intake next year and quadruple in 2023. We are growing on all fronts, expanding our education programmes, our global presence and making a Regenesys qualification accessible to all via our #EdForAll campaign. In order to support our growth, we are investing in our technology and education platforms to provide the most immersive and scalable edtech solution in the world.
Kindly send cv to email@example.com